| || |
How to obtain a Russian VisaHow to obtain a Russian Visa
1. First of all, make sure that you require a Russian Visa to enter Russia.
Passport holders from certain countries do not require a Visa to enter Russia. To see the list of countries and terms of entry, please click here.
2. Find out what type of visa you need to apply for.
There are many types of Visas and knowing which one you need is essential:
· Tourist Visa – valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries.
· Special Purpose Tourist Visa – valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa also allows you to attend events in Russia.
· Business Visa – valid for 90 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa allows you to conduct business meetings in Russia.
· Multiple Entry Business Visa – valid for 365 days and has no limit on the number of entries.
· Transit visa – can be valid up to 30 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa allows you to stay in Russia for transit purposes only.
· Private Visa – valid up to 90 days and allows a maximum of two entries. This Visa is intended for private purposes.
· Humanitarian Visa – can valid for up to 365 days and can have no limit on the number of entries. This type of Visa is intended for cultural, sports and charity purposes.
· Student Visa – valid for up to several years it is intended for students.
· Work Visa – valid for up to several years this Visa is intended for people, who are constantly employed in Russia.
3. Complete a short order form on this web-site
The form is available at http://www.visitrussia.org.uk/visa/
On the last page of the order form, you will be provided with guidance on how to complete a Visa Application Form. It has to be filled in online on this website. Please follow the correct instructions given at step 5 of the of Russian National Tourist Office’s online application form to ensure your application is successful.
4. Major documents to be submitted for a Russian Visa
Regardless of the type of visa you are applying for, you will need to submit:
5. Additional documents (for non-UK nationals).
Certain applicants (non-UK nationals, not a tourist visa) require additional documents such as bank statements or flight booking confirmation. You can check the documents you require and start the application process here.
6. Submitting your documents to the Russian Embassy
You can apply in person at the Russian National Tourist Office, which is conveniently located in Notting Hill, or you can send in your documents by post or courier. Your physical presence is not required. (If you live in Scotland, you may also apply in person at the Russian National Tourist Office in Edinburgh, http://www.visitrussia.org.uk/contact-us/Edinburgh-Office/.)
7. How long must you wait for a Russian Visa?
There are several services available – from as little as one working day! You can check which service is more suitable for you and start the application process here.
8. How much does a Russian Visa cost?
A seven day Tourist Visa service for a UK citizen starts from 105 GBP. You can check the price list below.
£GBP – Standard Service/£GBP – Express Service.
* - We will not be able to provide you with a letter of invitation for these Visas.
* - Business Visa processing with our invitation requires more time. Single/double entry - 17/8 days, multi – 30/17 days.If you require a Visa to be issued on the same day of submission please contact us on 0207 985 1234 to check whether it is available.