Visit mighty Moscow with RNTO
As the capital of the Russian Federation, it’s hardly surprising that Moscow is one of the country’s most popular destinations for foreign visitors. Whether you’re a tourist or a business person, isn’t it time you discovered this fascinating city for yourself?
- Moscow is believed to date back around 850 years. It was first referred to in chronicles from 1147.
- It was built by Suzdal’s Prince Yuri Dolgoruky on the sweeping curve of the Moskva River.
- From its humble beginnings as a hunting village, it grew steadily into a fortress city, later becoming the central point of the whole Russian state.
- The city’s artistic, religious and political aspirations can be seen in the beautiful architecture created over the centuries, particularly in Moscow’s iconic symbols – the Kremlin, Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral.
- Moscow has grown rapidly over recent decades, and now comprises high-rise suburbs surrounding a relatively compact historic centre with its fascinating ancient architecture.
- Moscow is a cultural centre of global value, comprising more than 70 theatres, the best known being the Bolshoi Theatre.
- The richest collections of paintings, graphic art and sculpture are gathered in nearly a hundred museums, among them the amazing Tretyakov Picture Gallery and the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts.
- Moscow contains a great number of concert halls, cinemas and exhibition pavilions, too.
- Russia is a land of over 100 separate nationalities, from Tuvans to Kalmyks and Chukchi to Circassians, as well as the Russians themselves, so a true Muscovite is a rare individual indeed. But whatever their origin, the twelve or so million inhabitants of Moscow are proud of their city, and rightly so.
Moscow has never been so accessible to foreign tourists and business people – a city of wonder and opportunity. Isn’t it time you paid this amazing city a visit?
Needless to say, here at RNTO, we have everything you need to make your trip to Moscow an unforgettable experience. From arranging your visa to booking flights, hotels and even your tickets to the ballet, we can do it all. And for business travellers, we offer a huge range of services, from chauffeured limousines and top-class interpreters to arranging conferences and exhibitions at some of Moscow’s premier sports and business venues. Not forgetting, of course, football fans – if you’re planning to cheer on your team at next year’s World Cup, then there’s only one place to go – RNTO. We’re your friendly one-stop shop for all your Russian travel needs!